- The Green Room process excludes Africa. Africa is being marginalised on the very soil of Africa.
- A likely outcome of this non-transparent process would devastate Africa’s economy and Policy Space.
- This will create massive unemployment in Africa, especially youth and women. It will disposess millions people of their livelihoods and become internal refugees in Africa, and easily half a million people potential refugees heading for Europe no matter what the obstacles.
- Africa will work in solidarity with India to protest against an outcome that violates the food sovereignty and livelihoods of our people. Global South will not be divided and conquered.
- Africa should walk out of this conference; it has nothing for Africa that our governments can offer to our people.
- We denounce any effort by the industrialized countries to blame Africa and the developing countries if this Conference fails. The blame lies squarely with the developed countries who have designed an asymmetrical, unjust system of global trade governance.
- We appeal to our solidarity movements in other parts of the world to support the struggles of the people of Africa and Policy Space for our Governments.
This statement was drafted by the following as an urgent intervention in a fast-moving unfolding process from which Africa was excluded. We had to take a stand, and we hope that many more will join us to support this statement.
William Madiwa Tanzannia Trade & Economic Justice Forum
Rebecca Tanui, Building Eastern Africa Community Network
Phitus Jillo, Kenya Small Scale Farmers Forum
Justus Lavi, Kenya Small Scale Farmers Forum
Nelson Mungala, Kenya Small Scale Farmers Forum
Yash Tandon, SEATINI International, East Africa
Nathan Irumba, SEATINI International, East Africa
Jane Nalunga, SEATINI, Uganda
Collen Gwiyo, SEATINI, Zimbabwe
Sylvester Bagooro, Third World Network, Africa
Boniface Mabanza, Africa Diaspora Desk, DRC/Germany
Liepollo Lebohang Pheko, Trade Collective, South Africa
Riaz Tayob, Trade Collective, South Africa.
Bibi Khan, South African Women in Dialogue-Southern Forums.
Crecentia Mofokeng, Building Woodworkers International;
Liepollo Lebohang Pheko, Trade Strategy Group, South Africa.
Wanjiru Njehiah, Africa Centre for Security Governance and Research; and African Diaspora Desk; Kenya/Germany
George Kabongah, Africa Centre for Security Governance and Research, Kenya
Emmanuel Quartey, Federation of Entrepreneurs, Ghana
Yvonne Takang, AIDIC, Cameroun
Guy-Marius Sagna, Coalition Nationale Contre les APE, Senegal
Isaac Mwaipopo, Centre for trade & Development Policy, Zambia
John Mary Odoy, Citizens’ Action Platform, Uganda
Mideva Edda, Kenya Small Scale Farmers Forum
Leonard Wanyama, Society for International Development, Kenya
Abdou- Rahime Diallo, Africa Diaspora Desk, Guinea/Germany
Milka Isinta, Pan African Network in Defence of Migrant Rights
Davinder Lamba, Mazingira Institute, Kenya
Zahid Rajan, Awaaz, Kenya
Zarina Patel, Awaaz, Kenya
Demba Dembele, LDC Watch, Senegal
Date: Nairobi, 19 December 2015, 14.20
Latest from SEATINI Kenya
- Latest EGA Negotiations To Focus On Final List, Phase outs, 'Critical Mass'
- Some ICs plan "modern trade deals" at WTO Published in SUNS #8210 dated 30 March 2016
- 54th Session of the Commission for Social Development
- China, Japan Vie For Permanent Appellate Body Seat At WTO
- Nairobi Rules On Article 9.4 Subsidies, Export Credits May Be Enforceable
WhegenaxbComment Link Saturday, 24 February 2018 08:52
buy generic cialis
purchase cialis generic viagra
cialis generic overnight
buy cheap cialis online
JasonzicleComment Link Saturday, 24 February 2018 05:45
microsoft word gratis
PymnDionbComment Link Saturday, 24 February 2018 05:25
buy cialis online
lifestyle cialis pills
list of cialis tablets
cheap cialis online
ErasmoHeetsComment Link Friday, 23 February 2018 19:08
microsoft office 2010
microsoft office 365 login
RobertTotComment Link Friday, 23 February 2018 16:19
use of cialis in bph
http://candiancialisuy.com/ - buy cialis online
generic cialisviagra and daibetes
http://viagralkas.com/ - online viagra
online viagraherbal viagra soho london
http://viagranelius.com/ - generic viagra
buy generic viagra
Comment Link Friday, 23 February 2018 09:38
I want services for my business property.
Comment Link Friday, 23 February 2018 02:55
And the trimmings weren't removed from that area.
CurtisSladsComment Link Thursday, 22 February 2018 22:21
viagra price in new york
buy viagra online
sildenafil 100mg viagra
can i get viagra
viagra new zealand buy online
generic viagra uk next day
RobertTotComment Link Thursday, 22 February 2018 17:42
can you buy cialis at riteaid
http://candiancialisuy.com/ - buy cialis
cialis cheaponly now viagra original use
http://viagralkas.com/ - buy viagra online
cheap viagraachat de viagra canad
http://viagranelius.com/ - online viagra
DavidAponsComment Link Thursday, 22 February 2018 14:53
buy viagra from boots online
sale of viagra online
25mg viagra dosage
buy viagra online no rx
viagra levitra cialis prices